Today we’re talking about the challenging times we are in starting with our young people. If you’re a parent, you are probably preparing yourself for the changes that are about to happen once again at your house: Summer vacation. This is the time of year when administrative leaders at the National Eduction Association (NEA) are making preparations as well, looking at their policies and their curricula. One of the big changes coming for America’s public schools is something called the Common CORE Standards and Curriculum. If you’ve heard us talk about Common CORE in the past, you know we’re not a fan. Joining us on the first segment is Dr. Duke Pesta, academic director of the Freedom Project Education .
Subscribe (RSS | iTunes)
We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!
Dr. Pesta has taught at major research institutions and small liberal arts colleges, and has been active in educational reform, developing and implementing an elective Bible course that is currently available for public high school students in Texas. He is a professor of English at the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh,
- The Dangers of Core Curriculum (standupforthetruth.com)
- What’s so rotten about Common Core Curriculum? (standupforthetruth.com)
- What’s rotten about Common Core? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Common Core Forcing Marxism/Nazism on America’s Children (gulagbound.com)
- The Fearful Pastor
- The Paper Pastor
- As States Pull Back From Common Core, Parents Should Ask ‘Why?’ (usnews.com)