The high-tech news today: A new tattoo that could replace ALL your passwords.
That’s just one “marvel” announced by several companies who revealed plans for ink and even pills to identify us. Among the ideas discussed at the D11 conference in California on Wednesday were electronic tattoos and authentication pills that people swallow. The conference also unveiled Google’s new “Moto X” phone, which is cheaper than the iPhone and is expected to further assist in tracking efforts.
One of the more interesting project is the Biostamp electronic tattoo, made of silicon and containing an electrical circuit, antennae and sensors that bend and move with the wearer’s body.
Also, the Proteus Digital Health’s “vitamin authentication pill’ is powered by acid in the wearer’s stomach and creates an 18-bit signal picked up by mobile phone.
Motorola is testing all of these technologies as authentication alternatives to non-secure traditional passwords.
- Moto X: Motorola reveals plans for ink and even pills to replace ALL your passwords (dailymail.co.uk)
- The hi-tech tattoo that could replace ALL your passwords: Motorola reveals plans for ink and even pills to identify us (laurelbabeblog.wordpress.com)
- Motorola touts USA built Moto X flagship, electronic tattoo and vitamin pills for authentication (thenextweb.com)
- Motorola developing digital tattoos and “smart pills” for next-gen wearables (slashgear.com)
- Electronic Tattoos and Passwords You Can Swallow: Google’s Regina Dugan Is a Badass (allthingsd.com)