We can serve with our gifts, we can teach Sunday school and even host small groups in our homes, and yet still become the false converts Jesus spoke of. Can you imagine serving in your church, living morally and doing all the right things and then finding out that you are living a lie? That’s what happened to our guest, and in a few moments you’re going to meet someone who shares her realization that she was a false Christian convert.
We’re also going to share several news developments and get your thoughts on what God might have to say about the events and trends of our day.
If you’ve ever been part of a church that really doesn’t focus on teaching you about sin, God’s wrath, repentance, Christ crucified as an atonement for what we deserve, then you might be able to identify with today’s guest.
Lori Williams and her husband Vince joined a church, did all the right things and thought they were good to go, in spite of not ever actually being regenerated by the Holy Spirit. Vince was here to share his story with us last month, and today Lori is here.
Vincent and Lori chronicled their amazing journey in the book, Falsified: The Danger of False Conversion. Their website, Falsified Ministries, is full of resources and articles to help you learn more.
- How do we know we’re not false converts? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Thought I was “good to go” (Naomi’sTable.com)
- Six Signs of a False Conversion
- GOSPEL-LESS SERMONS REGENERATE NO ONE
- Church shopping? 35 Key Questions to Ask the Church
- Church shopping? Questions you should be asking (Naomi’s Table program at Noon today!)