Today we are talking about the late, great planet “church,” which is no longer set apart and holy, but instead has moved toward entertainment-centered narcissism, just like the rest of the world. We thought we’d talk with a pastor about some of the trends we’re all seeing, and what if anything we can do as Christians to help be a part of the solution.
Pastor Chris Quintana joins us to discuss the evangelical shift…er, DRIFT. He is senior pastor at Calvary Chapel Cypress in California.
Meanwhile at one of America’s shining examples of “seeker-mergent” models, Granger Community Church, this happened for Father’s Day:
Nothing points to Jesus Christ like “Born to Be Wild” performed by the entertainment team in a church service. Carnal entertainment with the “worship” label. Evangelicalism has gotten to be so worldly. Whatever happened to equipping the saints to make disciples and share the Hope we have in Him?
Subscribe (RSS | iTunes) Having trouble with this podcast? Click Here for tips. We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!
Want our news delivered? Get our WEEKLY WATCHMAN digest, published and sent to you every Friday!
- When denominations “shift” (standupforthetruth.com)
- Pastor Paul teaches Pastor Timothy about error (standupforthetruth.com)
- Pressure to conform: One pastor’s response (standupforthetruth.com)
- Roots of the “Church Growth Movement” (standupforthetruth.com)
- Here’s your Willow Creek/Global Leadership Summit research (standupforthetruth.com)
- Is your church “Tasting the Summit?” (standupforthetruth.com)
- Is the “Third Way” coming to your church? (standupforthetruth.com)