Pastor Randy White
Rev. White has been the Pastor of First Baptist Church of Katy, Texas since August, 2003. He and his wife, Shelley, have been married 25 years and have two grown children. Rev. White hosts an excellent Thursday evening Bible Study online that you can do here.
Dr. White’s Ask the Theologian broadcast
But what does the Bible say about the Holy Spirit, discernment and confronting Christians in error? What should our guidelines and attitude be in confronting one another? And how easily can pride slip into our hearts when we are trying to be discerning?
Pastor Randy White joins us to discuss discernment.
QUESTIONS FOR RANDY: (listen to the podcast to hear his biblical insight and answers)
- Is discernment a spiritual gift or do all believers have discernment because of the Holy Spirit in us?
- How can younger Christians grow in discernment?
- Has the growth of discernment ministries been healthy for the church?
- Why is there division between discernment ministries within the Christian church?
- What about politics? How do we best discern who to vote for when we are not electing a spiritual leader for the country?
- Why do Christians differ on the importance of morality when considering who to vote for?
- Young people today are bombarded with so many things that can lure them away from their faith and into the world, and many of these youth walk away from the Christian faith. How can parents better prepare their kids for their teenage and college years?
- Let’s talk about Youth Groups. What’s the difference between a youth group based on learning God’s Word and a group where the focus is entertainment and the group being an alternative to kids getting into trouble with drinking, smoking, drugs, sexting, etc.?
Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:11-13
DHS Will Change ‘Freedom of Worship’ to ‘Freedom of Religion’ in Naturalization Exam
A cross in public? Oh, the humanity!
German Pastor Persecuted for Seeking Revival, Asks American Christians to Pray for Germany
Are there 2 equal views on homosexuality?
If you’re so upset that your child’s school promotes the LGBTQ Day of Silence…