Our favorite podcast is every Friday when listeners to Stand Up for the Truth ask questions or share their comments. Send yours in early in order to get in line for next week’s show!
- Why does God allow suffering and evil in this world?
- What if God really gave us the desires of our hearts?
- It’s so easy to give advice and godly counsel rather than follow that same advice!
- Do we have it too good (are Christians spoiled) here in America?
- Are ‘Social Justice Christians’ worshiping self or the world above God?
- Have you ever heard of “Faith, Hope, and Cancer” seminars?
- How were Michael and Lisa Gungor able to live a “Christian” lie for years?
- How sad that Christian conservatives were called judgmental, bigoted, and unloving years ago when trying to warn the church about progressive apostates such as the Gungors.
- Showing grace to young people: any of us who are older could have been deceived IF we had lived in these times when confusion, indoctrination, lies, leftism, evolution, and humanism reigns.
- I’ve heard the word “dominionism” used in both negative and positive contexts; which is it?
- Does John mean in 1 John 3 that our ongoing sin can still condemn us?
SCRIPTURES ON SUFFERING
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4
12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; 13 but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation. 14 If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 Make sure that none of you suffers as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler; 16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name. 1 Peter 4:12-16
SCRIPTURE FOR FINAL QUESTION
Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother. 1 John 3:4-10