Questions and Comments from this week include:
- Our youth pastor had the kids close their eyes, empty their minds, and meditate on whatever came into their minds. This is not a biblical form of meditation, is it?
- Did one of your guests say that Jesus became a man to show us a good example of how to live by the law and be sinless?
- Friends in our church say Jesus laid aside His deity in order to become a man. Would you please address this?
- My son-in-law is an active Baptist, but because he is a government union employee, he always supports and votes for the Democrat Party. How can a pastor address this?
- Thank you for calling out Rick Warren’s ‘Purpose-driven church’ model. My wife and I have been concerned about our own church ignoring sin and the pursuit of holiness, and watering down doctrine in the hopes of growing in numbers.
- There is no such thing as ‘Christian yoga’ as it’s roots are from Hinduism, but this is a hot topic because many churches offer yoga and relaxation meditations.
- We left our church of 11 years due to an over-emphasis on grace, denying God’s Spirit to convict believers of ongoing sin and the pursuit of holy living. It morphed into a complete misrepresentation of God’s nature.
- Thanks for having Jay Seegert on to discuss God’s role in creation, Genesis, and the age of the earth.
- We asked our pastor why there was no preaching on Bible prophecy and he said there are too many views on it and it would only lead to more confusion in the church if he taught on it.
- After 10 years, the message at our church last week was we are wasting our time trying to understand the Old Testament, so focus on the gospel and words of Jesus. What is the end goal of this approach?
Mike and David answer your questions and comments weekly! Use the form below.