Today we’ll be taking a rational look at the coronavirus pandemic, science, and the Bible. We’re going to discuss what our response should be and where we go from here.
TODAY’S GUEST: Jay Seegert, author and international speaker; he holds degrees in both Physics and Engineering Technology, and is the managing director of the Starting Point Project.
- How do viruses spread and how can we avoid catching certain germs?
- Did God create this virus? Did he create viruses in general? If so, why?
- What are viruses?
- A few highlights (or “lowlights”) regarding the COVID 19 pandemic
- It’s interesting relationship to evolution and “survival of the fittest”
- Immune systems, bacteria, antibodies; all evidence of God’s amazing design for life!
- Genetic entropy: In humans, for example, every time we reproduce we add 100 mutations (or mistakes) to our genome. In other words, every generation has 100 more mistakes in their DNA code than the previous generation. We are not “evolving,” we are “devolving.”
- What should our response to the coronavirus be?
“COVID 19 is a sober reminder that we are not in control. Fortunately, we know who is! God is still on the throne and there’s only room for one! He’s not surprised by what is happening, nor is He panicking, so we don’t need to panic either. We need to take reasonable steps to protect ourselves, but ultimately trust God for the outcome.” Jay Seegert
The Incomparable Christ
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. Colossians 1:13-17
So Did God Create Viruses? – by Jay Seegert